Liposomal Methyl B12: Meet your B12 needs with intraoral liposomal delivery for optimal absorption!
Vitamin B12 is an essential water-soluble nutrient for the normal function of many systems of the body, as well as DNA and RNA synthesis and red blood cell production.1 Vitamin B12 plays an important role in neurological function, mood and memory, bone health, and fetal development. B12 is an necessary cofactor for the metabolism of homocysteine into methionine, and the subsequent formation of the universal methyl donor S- adenosylmethionine (SAMe) from methionine. Elevated blood homocysteine levels are a well-recognized risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and may increase the risk of cognitive decline.2,3 More than two-thirds of the prevalence of hyperhomocysteinemia has been shown to be related to nutritional deficiency.4
B12 deficiency is more common with age, hypochlorhydria, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, gastrointestinal bypass surgery, alcohol use, following a vegetarian or vegan diet, and use of medications such as proton-pump inhibitors, metformin, and hormonal contraceptives.5,6,7,8 Serum levels of B12, folate, and B6 have been shown to poorly reflect tissue deficiencies, and elevated methylmalonic acid and/or total homocysteine levels have been seen in the majority of patients who experience a clinical response to vitamin B12.9.10 Genetic polymorphisms also may impact the availability of B vitamins to meet the body’s needs.11 Methylcobalamin is the active form of B12 that is necessary for homocysteine metabolism, and as a methyl donor supports normal healthy function and the body's detoxification processes.*
Quicksilver's Delivery Systems™ Phospholipid Encapsulation System brings the power of intravenous therapy into a convenient oral delivery.* Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improves upon liposomal technology with smaller, more stable, single-layer spheres made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, nanospheres like the ones produced by Quicksilver Scientific have demonstrated the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly and enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients.12,13 Also, the phospholipids that compose the liposome shell feed the cell membranes;14 this helps ensure the proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.*
General Suggested Usage: Take 1-2 pumps or more 1-2 times daily. Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing. May be mixed into water. Best taken on empty stomach at least 10 minutes before meals. Store at room temperature. Use within 60 days of opening.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- National Institutes of Health, Vitamin B12, https:// ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/, accessed Jan. 18, 2017.
- Homocysteine Studies Collaboration. AMA. 2002 Oct 23-30;288(16):2015-22.
- Werder SF. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2010 May 6;6:159-95.
- Selhub J. Food Nutr Bull. 2008 Jun;29(2 Suppl):S116-25.
- Baik HW, Russell RM. Annu Rev Nutr. 1999;19:357-77.
- Valuck RJ, Ruscin JM. J Clin Epidemiol. 2004;57:422-8.
- de Jager J, et al. BMJ. 2010;340:c2181.
- Lussana F, et al. Thromb Res. 2003;112:37-41.
- Joosten E, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 1993 Oct;58(4):468-76.
- Stabler SP, Lindenbaum J, Allen RH. J Nutr. 1996 Apr;126(4 Suppl):1266S-72S.
- Watkins D, Rosenblatt DS. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2012;35:665-670.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015-35.