- This event has passed.
The Longevity Wheel: A Model for Supplementing Core Biochemical Pathways for Age Optimization (Part 1)
January 27 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
PART 1: Longevity Mechanisms & Interconnectivity
Dr. Chris Shade introduces the “Longevity Wheel”, which is based on the most well-researched and interconnected areas of longevity. These include 1) AMPK activation to regulate metabolic health and flexibility, autophagy, and lipolysis, 2) NAD+ production to regulate energy metabolism, mitochondrial density, and DNA repair, 3) Sirtuin activation to help regulate DNA repair, cellular signaling, energy metabolism and inflammatory response, 4) Telomerase activity for healthy gene expression and cellular aging, 5) Cellular senescence to manage the presence and activity of senescent cells, and 6) HPA Axis Support for stress resilience and fortification of the hormone-secreting functions of the adrenal cortex. Research has also revealed that the targeted use of specific plant compounds and nutraceuticals can positively influence/impact these pathways, and many compounds affect more than one pathway. Dr. Shade presents his concept of a “Longevity Wheel”, with six ‘spokes’ that represent the core pathways, along with the compounds which work on each of these pathways.
– Explanation of a multi-faceted, multi-supplement approach to address the many hallmarks of aging
– Introduction to the ‘Longevity Wheel’ and it’s six biochemical ‘spokes’
– Understand how each ‘spoke’ influences aging
– Learn which supplemental compounds affect which spokes of the wheel and cross-functional aspects
– Understanding bioavailability and uptake of key compounds to support longevity