G.I. Detox Box References
Artemisinin References https://www.quicksilverscientific.com/artemisinin-emulsion-references/
- Liu CX. Chinese Herbal Medicines. 2017 Apr;9(2): 101-114
- Rodriguez E, et al. Phytochemistry. 1976 Jan;15:1573-80
- Brown, G. Education in Chemistry. 2006:43(4): 97–99.
- Meshnick SR. Int J Parasitol.2002 Dec;32:1655-60.
- Sun C, et al. Microb Cell. 20152:14–25
- Pandey AV et al. Jour BiolChem 1999 274: 19383-19388.
- Hendley E.C. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1948;70:3921–3924
- Cowan M.M. Clin. Microbiol. Rev. 1999;12:564–582.
- Liu CX. Chinese Herbal Medicines, 2017, 9(2): 101-114
- Cremer K, et al. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015 Jan;59(1):421-6.
BitterX References https://www.quicksilverscientific.com/bitterxreferences/
- Klaassen CD, Aleksunes LM. Xenobiotic, bile acid, and cholesterol transporters: Function and regulation. Pharm Rev. 2010; 62(1): 1096.
- Garcia M, et al. Nuclear receptor metabolism of bile acids and xenobiotics: A coordinated detoxification system with impact on health and diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2018; 19(11): 3630.
- Pan X, Jeong H. Estrogen-induced cholestasis leads to repressed CYP2D6 expression in CYP2D6-humanized mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2015; 88(1): 106-112.
- Chan KM, et al. De novo endotoxin-induced production of antibodies against the bile salt export pump associated with bacterial infection following major hepatectomy. BioMed Res Int. 2018; 2018: 6197152.
- Urdaneta V, Casadesus J. Interactions between bacteria and bile salts in the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary tracts. Front Med. 2017. 4: 163.
- Sanchez LM, et al. Biofilm formation and detachment in gram-negative pathogens is modulated by select bile acids. PLoS One. 2016; 11(3): e0149603.
- Green RM, et al. Regulation of hepatocyte bile salt transporters by endotoxin and inflammatory cytokines in rodents. Gastroenterology. 1996; 111(1): 193-198.
- Gonzalez-Castejon M, et al. Diverse biological activities of dandelion. Nutr Rev. 70(9): 534-547.
- Liu B, et al. Taraxasterol inhibits LPS-induced inflammatory response in BV2 microglia cells by activating LXRα. Front Pharmacol. 2018; 9: 278.
- Esatbeyoglu T, et al. Sesquiterpene lactone composition and cellular Nrf2 induction of Taraxacum officinale leaves and roots and Taraxinic Acid β-d-Glucopyranosyl Ester. J Med Food. 2017; 20(1): 71-78.
- Tang X, et al. Target profiling analyses of bile acids in the evaluation of hepatoprotective effect of gentiopicroside on ANIT-induced cholestatic liver injury in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016; 194(24): 63-71.
- Mirzaee F, et al. Medicinal, biological and phytochemical properties of Gentiana species. J Tradit Complement Med. 2017; 7(4): 400-408.
- Yamada H, et al. Gentiolactone, a secoiridoid dilactone from Gentiana triflora, inhibits TNF-α, iNOS and Cox-2 mRNA expression and blocks NF-κB promoter activity in murine macrophages. PLoS One. 2014; 9(11): e113834.
- Chodera A, et al. Effect of flavonoid fractions of Solidago virgaurea L on diuresis and levels of electrolytes. Acta Pol Pharm. 1991; 48(5-6): 35-37.
- Apati P, et al. In-vitro effect of flavonoids from Solidago canadensis extract on glutathione S-transferase. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2006; 58(2): 251-256.
- Toiu A, et al. Solidago graminifolia L. Salisb. (Asteraceae) as a valuable source of bioactive polyphenols: HPLC profile, in vitro antioxidant and antimicrobial potential. Molecules. 2019; 24(14): 2666.
- Deng R, et al. The hypolipidemic agent guggulsterone regulates the expression of human bile salt export pump: dominance of transactivation over farnesoid X receptor-mediated antagonism. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007; 320(3): 1153-1162.
- Sarup P, et al. Pharmacology and phytochemistry of oleo-gum resin of Commiphora wightii (Guggulu). Scientifica (Cairo). 2015; 2015: 138039.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Liposomal delivery systems for intestinal lymphatic drug transport. Biomater Res. 2016; 20: 36.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Nanoscale drug delivery systems and the blood-brain barrier. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014; 9: 795-811.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. Membrane lipid composition and cellular function. J Lipid Res. 1985; 26(9): 1015-1035.
Ultra Binder® References https://www.quicksilverscientific.com/ultrabinderreferences/
Meance SE. Acacia gum (Fibregum™), a very well tolerated specific natural prebiotic having a wide range of food applications-Part 1. Agro Food Industry Hi Tech. 2004 Jan 1;15(1):24-9.
Liu G, Chen S et al. Chitosan modulates inflammatory responses in rats infected with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. Med. Inflamm. 2016:7432845
Vaziri ND, Yuan J et al .Oral activated charcoal adsorbent (AST-120) ameliorates chronic kidney disease-induced intestinal epithelial barrier disruption. Am J Nephrol 2013;37;518-525
Sánchez Á, MengíbarM et al. Influence of preparation methods of chitooligosaccharides on their physiochemical properties and their anti-inflammatory effects in mice and in RAW264.7 macrophages. Mar Drugs. 2018 Nov 2;16(11).
Langmead L, Makins RJ et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of aloe vera gel in human colorectal mucosa in vitro. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004 Mar 1;19(5):521-7.
Im SA, Lee YR et al. In vivo evidence of the immunomodulatory activity of orally administered Aloe vera gel. Arch Pharm Res. 2010 Mar;33(3):451-6
Canani RB, Costanzo MD et al. Potential beneficial effects of butyrate in intestinal and extraintestinal diseases. World J Gastroenterol. 2011 Mar 28;17(12):1519-28
Suthongsa S, Pichyangkura R et al. Effects of dietary levels of chito-oligosaccharide on ileal digestibility
of nutrients, small intestinal morphology and crypt cell proliferation in weaned pigs. Livest. Sci. 2017: 198, 37–44.
Neuvonen PJ, Olkkola KT. Oral activated charcoal in the treatment of intoxications: role of single and repeated doses Med Toxicol, 1988: 3: 33-58
Bhatti SA, Khan MZ et al. Protective role of bentonite against aflatoxin B1- and ochratoxin A-induced immunotoxicity in broilers. J Immunotoxicol. 2017 Dec;14(1):66-76
Li X, Wu P et al. Carbohydrate functionalized chitosan fiber for influenza virus capture. Biomacromolecules 2011: 12: 3962–3969
Guan G, Azad MAK e al. Biological effects and applications of chitson and chito-oligosaccharides. Front Physiol. 2019: 10.3389/fphys.2019.00516
Slavin J. Fiber and prebiotics: mechanisms and health benefits. Nutrients. 2013 Apr 22;5(4):1417-35
Frolis VV, Nikolav VG et al. Effect of enteroabsorption on animal lifespan. Biomat. Art. 1989. 17(3): 341-351.
Fields, H. The gut: where bacteria and the immune system meet. Available at: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/research/advancements-in-research/fundamentals/in-depth/the-gut-where-bacteria-and-immune-system-meet [Accessed July 29, 2019]
Su W, Ding X. Methods of endotoxin detection. J Lab Autom. 2015 Aug;20(4):354-64
Goto T, Makinose S et al. Plasma endotoxin concentrations in patients with urinary tract infections Int J Urol. 1995 Sep;2(4):238-42
Meghji S, Qureshi W et al. The role of endotoxin and cytokines in the pathogenesis of odontogenic cysts. Arch Oral Biol. 1996 Jun;41(6):523-31
Ghoneim RH, Piquette-Miller M et al. Endotoxin-mediated downregulation of hepatic drug transporters in HIV-1 transgenic rats. Drug Metab Dispos. 2016 May;44(5):709-19
Fukui H. Gut-liver axis in liver cirrhosis: How to manage leaky gut and endotoxemia. World J Hepatic. 2015 Mar 27;7(3):425-42
Mancini A, Campagna F et al. Gut : liver : brain axis: the microbial challenge in the hepatic encephalopathy. Food Funk. 2018 Mar 1;9(3):1373-1388
De La Garzall R. Endotoxin- or pro-inflammatory cytokine-induced sickness behavior as an animal model of depression: focus on anhedonia. Neuroscience &Biobehavioral Reviews 2005 (29): 4-5: 761-770
Van Lier D, Geven C et al. Experimental human endotoxemia as a model of systemic inflammation. Biochimie. 2019 Apr;159:99-106
Schedlowski M, Engler H et al. Endotoxin-induced experimental systemic inflammation in humans: A model to disentangle immune-to-brain communication. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity 2015 (35): 1-8
Aitken AE, Richardson TA et al. Regulation of drug-metabolizing enzymes and transporters in inflammation. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 2006: 46:123–149
Bolder U, Ton-Nu HT et al. Hepatocyte transport of bile acids and organic anions in endotoxemic rats: impaired uptake and secretion. Gastroenterology 1997: 112:214–225.
Cherrington NJ, Slitt AL et al. Lipopolysaccharide-mediated regulation of hepatic transporter mRNA levels in rats. Drug MetabDispos2004: 32:734–741
Tang W, Yi C et al. Endotoxin downregulates hepatic expression of P-glycoprotein and MRP2 in 2-acetylaminofluorene-treated rats. 2000 Mol Cell Biol Res Commun 4:90–97
Nolan JP. The contribution of gut-derived endotoxins to liver injury. The Yale Journal of Biol and Med. 1979. (52): 127-133
Ganey PE, Roth RA. Concurrent inflammation as a determinant of susceptibility to toxicity from xenobiotic agents. Toxicology. 2001 Dec 28;169(3):195-208. Review.
Ditter B, Urbaschek R. Ability of various adsorbents to bind endotoxins in vitro and to prevent orally induced endotoxemia in mice. Gastroenterology 1983; 84:1547-52
Maklad A, Emara A et al. Pediatric poisoning in Egypt. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 2012 2 (2): 1-6.
Khalid J, Zailaey A. Medical and environmental applications of activated charcoal: review article. European Scientific Journal January 2015 (11): 3: 50-56
Neuvonen J, Olkkola KT. Oral activated charcoal in the treatment of intoxications: role of single and repeated doses. Med Toxicol, 1988: 3; 33-58
Karnib M, Kabbani A et al. Heavy metals removal using activated carbon, silica and silica activated carbon composite. Energy Procedia 2014: 50, 113 – 120.
Du XN, Niu Z et al. Effect of activated charcoal on endotoxin adsorption. Part I. An in vitro study. Biomater Artif Cells Artif Organs. 1987;15(1):229-35
Dalefield R. Emergency care and stabilization of the poisoned patient. In: Veterinary Toxicology for Australia and New Zealand, 2017: 19-32
Rodriguez-Reinoso. Activated carbon and adsorption. in Encyclopedia of Materials: Science and Technology, 2001: 22-24
Krasopoulos JC, De Bari VA et al The adsorption of bile salts on Lipids. 1980 May;15(5):365-70
Neuvonen PJ, Kuusisto P. Activated charcoal in the treatment of hypercholesterolaemia: dose-response relationships and comparison with cholestyramine Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1989;37(3):225-30
Musso CG, Michelangelo H et al. Combination of oral activated charcoal plus low protein diet as a new alternative for handling in the old end-stage renal disease patients Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2010 Jan;21(1):102-4
Koide, S. S. Chitin-chitosan: properties, benefits and risks. Nutrition Research 1998;8(6):1091-1101
Macchi G. A new approach to the treatment of obesity: chitosan’s effects on body weight reduction and plasma cholesterol levels. Acta Toxicol Ther 1996;17:303-320
Lütjohann D, Marinova M. Nutrients. Influence of Chitosan Treatment on Surrogate Serum Markers of Cholesterol Metabolism in Obese Subjects. 2018 Jan 11;10(1)
Maezaki Y, Tsuji K et al. Hypocholesterolaemic effect of chitosan in adult males. Biosc Biochem Biotech 1993;57:1439-1444
Zhang L, Zeng Y. Removal of heavy metal ions using chitosan and modified chitosan: A review. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2016: 214; 175-191
Ahmad M, Manzoor K. Versatile nature of hetero-chitosan based derivatives as biodegradable adsorbent for heavy metal ions; a review. J BiolMacromol. 2017 Dec;105(Pt 1):190-203
Xiao DF, Tang ZR et al. Effects of dietary administering chitosan on growth performance, jejunal morphology, jejunal mucosal sIgA, occluding, claudin-1 and TLR4 expression in weaned piglets challenged by enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. Int. Immunopharmacol. 2016: 17; 670–676
Guan G, Azad MAK et al. Biological effects and applications of chitosan and chito-oligosaccharides. Front. Physiol. 2019 May 7;10:516
Wan J, Yang KY et al. Dietary chitosan oligosaccharide supplementation improves foetal survival and reproductive performance in multiparous sows. RSC Adv. 2016: 6;70715–70722
Shoemaker, RC. (2001) Desperation Medicine. Gateway Press: Baltimore. 2. Shoemaker, RC, Schaller J, Schmidt P. (2005) Mold Warriors: Fighting America’s Hidden Threat. Gateway Press: Baltimore
Karunasena E, Larrañaga MD et al. Building-Associated neurological damage modeled in human cells: a mechanism of neurotoxic effects by exposure to mycotoxins in the indoor environment. Mycopathologia. 2010 Dec;170(6):377-90
Carretero MI. Clay minerals and their beneficial effects upon human health. A review. Appl Clay Sci 2002; 21: 155–63.
Herrera P, Burghardt RC et al. Adsorption of Salmonella enteritidis by cetylpyridinium-exchanged montmorillonite clays. Vet Microbiol 2000; 74: 259–72
Haydel SE, Remenih CM. J Broad-spectrum in vitro antibacterial activities of clay minerals against antibiotic-susceptible and antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens Antimicrob Chemother. 2008 Feb;61(2):353-61
Schaumberger S, Ladining A et al. Evaluation of the endotoxin binding efficiency of clay minerals using the Limulus Amebocyte lysate test: an in vitro study. MB Express. 2014; 4: 1
Wortelboer HM, Balvers MG et al. Glutathione-dependent interaction of heavy metal compounds with multidrug resistant proteins MRP1 and MRP2. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 2008, 26, 102-108.
Nadarajah V, Neiders ME et al. Localized cellular inflammatory responses to subcutaneously implanted dental mercury. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 1996, 49, (2), 113-126(14).
Bland, Jeffrey. Effect of orally consumed Aloe vera Juice on Gastrointestinal Function in Normal Humans. Preventative Medicine, March-April 1985
Marzorati M. In vitro modulation of the human gastrointestinal microbial community by plant-derived polysaccharide-rich dietary supplements. Int J Food Microbiol. 2010 May 15;139(3):168-76.
Im SA, Lee YR et al. In vivo evidence of the immunomodulatory activity of orally administered Aloe vera gel. Arch Pharm Res. 2010 Mar;33(3):451-6.
Visuthikosol V, Chowchuen B et al. Effect of aloe vera gel to healing of burn wound a clinical and histologic study. J Med Assoc Thai. 1995 Aug;78(8):403-9
Im SA, Oh ST et al. Identification of optimal molecular size of modified Aloe polysaccharides with maximum immunomodulatory activity. International Immunopharmacology. 2005;5(2):271-279
Hu Y, Xu J, Hu Q. Evaluation of antioxidant potential of aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis miller) extracts. J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Dec 17;51(26):7788-91
Eshun, K., He, Q. Aloe vera: a valuable ingredient for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries—a review. Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 2004: 44, 91–96
Mohamed RE, Gadour MO. The lowering effect of Gum Arabic on hyperlipidemia in Sudanese patients. Front Physiol. 2015 May 18;6:160
Eswaran S, Muir J et al. Fiber and functional gastrointestinal disorders. Am J Gastroenterol. 2013 May;108(5):718-27
Silva FM, Kramer CK et al. Fiber intake and glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review with meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Nutr Rev. 2013 Dec;71(12):790-801
Chutkan R, Fahey G. Viscous versus nonviscous soluble fiber supplements: mechanisms and evidence for fiber-specific health benefits. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2012 Aug;24(8):476-87
Crociani F, Alessandrini A et al. Degradation of complex carbohydrates by Bifidobacterium spp. Int.J Food Microbiol. 1994;24:199-210.
Walter DJ, Eastwood MA et al. Fermentation of wheat bran and gum arabic in rats fed on an elemental diet. Br.J.Nutr. 1988;60:225-32
Wyatt GM, Bayliss CE et al. A change in human faecal flora in response to inclusion of gum arabic in the diet. Br.J.Nutr. 1986;55:261-6.
Daguet D, Pinheiro I et al. Arabinogalactan and fructooligosaccharides improve the gut barrier function in distinct areas of the colon in the Simulator of the Human Intestinal Microbial Ecosystem. J.Fuct. Foods, 2016;20:369-79