Keto Before 6™ Product References
1. Zang M, Xu S et al. Polyphenols stimulate AMP-activated protein kinase, lower lipids, and inhibit accelerated atherosclerosis in diabetic LDL receptor-deficient mice. Diabetes. 2006 Aug;55(8):2180-91.
2. Miki H, Uehara N et al. Resveratrol induces apoptosis via ROS-triggered autophagy in human colon cancer cells. Int J Oncol 2012; 40:1020–1028
3. Hsu KF, Wu CL et al. Cathepsin L mediates resveratrol-induced autophagy and apoptotic cell death in cervical cancer cells. Autophagy 2009; 5: 451–460
4. Milton-Laskibar I, Aguirre L et al. Do the effects of resveratrol on thermogenic and oxidative capacities in IBAT and skeletal muscle depend on feeding conditions? Nutrients. 2018 Oct 6;10(10)
5. Valero T. Mitochondrial biogenesis: pharmacological approaches. Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20(35):5507-9
6. Braidy N, Jugder BE. Resveratrol as a potential therapeutic candidate for the treatment and management of Alzheimer’s disease. Curr Top Med Chem. 2016;16(17):1951-60
7. Mahmoud AM, Hozayen WG et al. Berberine ameliorates methotrexate-induced liver injury by activating Nrf2/HO-1 pathway and PPARγ, and suppressing oxidative stress and apoptosis in rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017 Oct;94:280-291
8. Fan A, Wang J. Berberine alleviates ox-LDL induced inflammatory factors by upregulation of autophagy via AMPK/mTOR signaling pathway. Journal of Translational Medicine, 2015; 13(1), 92.
9. Choi Y, Lee K et al. Activation of AMPK by berberine induces hepatic lipid accumulation by upregulation of fatty acid translocase CD36 in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017 Feb 1;316:74-82
10. Li C, He J et al. Berberine regulates type 2 diabetes mellitus related with insulin resistance 2017 Jun;42(12):2254-2260.
11. Kong W, Zhang H et al. Berberine reduces insulin resistance through protein kinase Cdependent up-regulation of insulin receptor expression Metabolism. 2009 Jan;58(1):109- 19
12. Kim SG, Kim JR et al. Quercetin-Induced AMP-Activated protein kinase activation attenuates vasoconstriction through LKB1-AMPK signaling pathway. J Med Food. 2018 Feb;21(2):146-153.
13. Beekman K, Rubió L. The effect of quercetin and kaempferol aglycones and glucuronides on peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-γ). Food Funct., 2015, 6, 1098–1107
14. Klappan AK, Hones S. Proteasome inhibition by quercetin triggers macroautophagy and blocks mTOR activity Histochem Cell Biol. 2012 Jan;137(1):25-36
15. Wang K, Liu R et al. Quercetin induces protective autophagy in gastric cancer cells: involvement of Akt-mTOR- and hypoxia-induced factor 1alpha mediated signaling. Autophagy 2011: 7, 966–978.
16. Shaik Y, Caraffa A. Impact of polyphenols on mast cells with special emphasis on the effect of quercetin and luteolin. Cent Eur J Immunol. 2018;43(4):476-481
17. Liu X, Xu Q et al. Silibinin-induced autophagy mediated by PPARα-sirt1-AMPK pathway participated in the regulation of type I collagen-enhanced migration in murine 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2019 Jan;450(1-2):1-23
18. Kong D, Banerjee S. Mammalian target of rapamycin repression by 3,3′- diindolylmethane inhibits invasion and angiogenesis in platelet-derived growth factor-Doverexpressing PC3 cells. Cancer Res. 2008 Mar 15;68(6):1927-34
19. Serviddio G, Bellanti F et al. Silybin exerts antioxidant effects and induces mitochondrial biogenesis in liver of rat with secondary biliary cirrhosis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014 Aug;73:117-26
20. Draz H, Goldberg AA et al. Diindolylmethane and its halogenated derivatives induce protective autophagy in human prostate cancer cells via induction of the oncogenic protein AEG-1 and activation of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). Cell Signal. 2017 Dec;40:172-182
21. Kong D, Banerjee S. Mammalian target of rapamycin repression by 3,3′- diindolylmethane inhibits invasion and angiogenesis in platelet-derived growth factor-Doverexpressing PC3 cells. Cancer Res. 2008 Mar 15;68(6):1927-34
22. Xue L, Pestka J et al. 3,3′-Diindolylmethane stimulates murine immune function in vitro and in vivo. J Nutr Biochem. 2008 May;19(5):336-44
23. Shen Y, Honma N et al. Cinnamon extract enhances glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and C2C12 myocytes by inducing LKB1-AMP-activated protein kinase signaling. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 14;9(2):e8789
24. Park KR, Nam D. β-Caryophyllene oxide inhibits growth and induces apoptosis through the suppression of PI3K/AKT/mTOR/S6K1 pathways and ROS-mediated MAPKs activation. Cancer Lett. 2011 Dec 22;312(2):178-88
25. Chung J, Kim S et al. Trans-cinnamic aldehyde inhibits Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans-induced inflammation in THP-1-derived macrophages via autophagy activation J Periodontol. 2018 Oct;89(10):1262-1271
26. Santos HO, da Silva GA. To what extent does cinnamon administration improve the glycemic and lipid profiles? Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2018 Oct;27:1-9
27. Ingram DK, Roth GS. Calorie restriction mimetics: can you have your cake and eat it, too? Ageing Res Rev. 2015 Mar;20:46-62.
28. Shaw RJ. LKB1 and AMP-activated protein kinase control of mTOR signalling and growth. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2009;196(1):65–80
29. Tyagi S, Gupta P et al. The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor: A family of nuclear receptors role in various diseases. J Adv Pharm Technol Res. 2011;2(4):236– 240
30. Kahn BB, Alquier T et al. AMP-activated protein kinase: ancient energy gauge provides clues to modern understanding of metabolism. Cell Metab. 2005; 1:15–25.
31. Jia X, Jian J, et al. Cross-Talk between AMPK and mTOR in regulating energy balance. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 2012;52:5, 373-381
32. Lamming DW, Sabatini DM, A central role for mTOR in lipid homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2013 Oct 1;18(4):465-9
33. Wu Z, Puigserver P et al. Mechanisms controlling mitochondrial biogenesis and respiration through the thermogenic coactivator PGC-1. Cell. 1999;98:115–124