Detox Supplements: Clear Way Cofactors
Clear Way Cofactors, a premier example of our unique detox supplements, are a proprietary blend of phytoextracted polyphenolic antioxidants, R-Lipoic Acid (RLA), targeted vitamins (B1, B5, B6), selenium, kelp extract, and high-potency nattokinase designed to maximize metal detoxification pathways.
THE GENERAL PUBLIC MAY PURCHASE THE PRODUCT HERE
REGISTERED PRACTITIONERS MAY LOGIN & PURCHASE THE PRODUCT HERE
The Master Pre-Tox Detoxification Remedy:
The polyphenolics and R-LA have demonstrated the ability to upregulate the detoxification systems of the body, especially the glutathione system1–4. The glutathione system contains multiple molecules and enzymes that function to quench oxidative stress, repair damaged proteins and detoxify/remove endogenous (internally created) and exogenous (externally acquired) toxins.
The only way to truly optimize the function of the glutathione system is to stimulate the production of the system components from within the cells. Polyphenolic antioxidants such as Epicatechin (found in pine bark and green tea extracts), have demonstrated tremendous efficacy in doing this by “turning on” a cellular master switch called the Nrf2 protein. This protein turns on the cellular production of several antioxidants and detoxification molecules.(1) Polyphenols have the added benefits of high anti-inflammatory properties, anticarcinogenic activity and passage through the blood-brain barrier.
Clear Way Cofactors features a potent proprietary blend of highly concentrated extracts of:
- Haritaki is the polyphenolic-rich fruit of the Terminalia Chebula. Haritaki is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine where it is held sacred to Shiva. It is pictured as the quintessential healing plant in depictions of the Medicine Buddha in Tibet, where Haritaki is called “The King of Herbs.” Haritaki was recently shown to have extraordinary effects on the antioxidant and detoxification systems.(2)
- Pine Bark Extract is the richest source of epicatechins (the building block of OPC’s – oligomeric proanthocyanidins) and powerful anti-inflammatory, cardioprotective glutathione builders.
- Pomegranate Extract, a rich source of ellagic acid, which has shown impressive activity on glutathione synthesis and glutathione S-transferase activity.(3)
- Gotu Kola and Bacopa Extract is added for nerve detoxification, protection and stabilization.
- Dandelion Extract is added for liver protection and to stimulate adequate bile and urinary flow.
- Kelp Extract is added for iodine/other trace minerals and polyphenolic content.
Nattokinase and Biofilms: In addition to the comprehensive cellular protection delivered by the antioxidant components of the formula, high-potency nattokinase is included to help break down biofilms in the gut. These biofilms prevent detoxification and absorption of nutrients as well as lock in dysbiotic intestinal flora. Additionally, Nattokinase has the unique quality of possessing strong anticoagulative properties without the risk of uncontrolled bleeding. For safety, DO NOT give this supplement to patients with hemolytic anemia.
- Kwak, M-K, Wakabayashi, N. Kensler, T.W., Chemoprevention through the Keap1-Nrf2 signaling pathway by phase 2 enzyme inducers. Mutation Research, 2004, 555, 133-148.
- Mahesh, R., Bhuvana, S., Begum, V.M.H., Effect of Terminalia Chebula aqueous extract on oxidative stress and antioxidant status in the liver and kidney of young and aged rats. Cell Biochemistry and Function 2009, 27, 358-363.
- Shepherd, A.G. Manson, M.M. Ball, H.W.L., McLellean, L.I., Regulation of rat glutamate-cysteine ligase (γ-glutamylcysteine synthetase) subunits by chemoprotective agents and in aflatoxin B1-induced preneoplasia. Carcinogenesis 2000, 21, (10), 1827-1834.