Nanoemulsified D3K2: A highly absorbable combination to meet your body's needs!
Vitamin D, most recognized as necessary for normal immune system function and bone health, has systemic impacts far beyond this.1 Although it is considered a vitamin (a necessary nutrient found in the diet), vitamin D more closely resembles and acts as a steroid hormone that broadly influences physiology.2 Vitamin D receptors are found in more than 36 tissue types of the body, and have been shown to influence the expression of thousands of genes, including those associated with expression of detoxification enzymes.3,4 Vitamin D deficiency (defined as serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentrations < 20 ng/mL) is common, with epidemiological studies showing a prevalence of 41.6% in the adult U.S. population. Vitamin D deficiency is more common in individuals with dark skin color, reduced sun exposure, and poor overall health status.5 Vitamin D3 has been shown to be up to 3 times more effective than vitamin D2 (calciferol) at raising the body's serum 25(OH)D concentration.6
Vitamin K and D have interdependence in metabolic functions, as vitamin K plays a role in directing calcium deposition to the bone matrix, and insufficiency may be associated with soft tissue calcification and lower bone mineral density.* 7,8 Vitamin K deficiency is common in chronic gastrointestinal, liver or gallbladder disease, while factors such as antibiotic use and low dietary intake may also contribute to deficiency.9,10,11 The form of Vitamin K utilized in Nanoemulsified D3-K2 is menaquinone-7, or MK-7, which is a highly bioactive form of vitamin K2.*12 MK-7 has been shown to have a longer half-life than vitamin K1 resulting in more stable serum levels.
- National Institutes of Health, Vitamin D,https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/, accessed Jan 4, 2017.
- Norman AW. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;88(2):491S-499S.
- Carlberg C. Anticancer Res. 2015;35(2):1143-51.
- Makishima M, et al. Science. 2002;296(5571):1313-6.
- Forrest KY, Stuhldreher WL. Nutr Res. 2011;31(1):48-54.
- Houghton LA, Vieth R. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006;84(4):694-7.
- Bügel S. Vitam Horm. 2008;78:393-416.
- Theuwissen E, et al. Adv Nutr. 2012;3(2):166-73.
- Krasinski SD, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 1985;41(3):639-43.
- Fisher L, et al. Nutr Res. 2009;29(9):676-83.
- Stieger R, et al. Helv Chir Acta. 1992;58(6):775-8.
- Schurgers LJ, et al. Blood. 2007;109:3279-83.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine.2014;9:795-811.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016;20:36.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985;26:1015-35