Liposomal EDTA with R-Lipoic Acid
4 fl. oz. (120mL)
Liposomal EDTA w/ Sodium R-Lipoic Acid is a highly absorbable form of oral EDTA. The absorption of conventional oral EDTA (tablets or capsules) is less than 5%.1 CaNa2 EDTA, traditionally used for intravenous (IV) injection, is distributed mainly in the extracellular fluids, which limits its capacity to act inside the cell. Without the ability to transport across physiological barriers into compartments where biological processes take place and compounds such as EDTA interact with metals, therapies are ineffective. Nano-sized liposomal delivery systems are highly absorbed orally, with the very small liposomes allowing for intracellular delivery of their encapsulated contents. For some compounds, this can lead to higher intracellular delivery than is possible even with an IV.2
Delivered with EDTA, the antioxidant R-lipoic acid (as sodium R-lipoate) supports endogenous production of glutathione, an integral component of detoxification, as well as metal mobilization and recovery.3
Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ brings the power of intravenous therapy into convenient oral delivery.* Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improve upon liposomal and emulsification technology with smaller, more stable particles made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, these very small liposomal and nanoemulsified particles enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients and intracellular delivery.3,4 The phospholipids, inherent in the liposomal and nanoemulsified formats, nourish cell membranes, promoting proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.* 5Production Technology Features
- Tightly controlled small sizing, verified by Laser Dynamic Light Scattering on each batch (particle mean size 50-100nm)
- Pleasant taste, suitable for intra-buccal delivery for best systemic availability
- May be dispersed in water or other liquid when desired
- Flora SJ, Pachauri V.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2010;7(7):2745-88.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Pande M, Flora SJ. Toxicology. 2002 Aug 15;177(2-3):187-96.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015
General Suggested Usage: Take 1 teaspoon by mouth once daily. Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing. Repeat to desired dosage or as directed by healthcare professional. Take on empty stomach, at least 10 minutes before meals. May be stirred into small amount of water. Alternately, may take 5 teaspoons by mouth 1 to 2 times per week. Store at room temperature. Use within 60 days of opening. Do not take when pregnant. Use adequate mineral supplementation, especially zinc, when using this product.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.