Liposomal EDTA with R-Lipoic Acid
Quicksilver Scientific's Etheric Delivery™ EDTA w/ Sodium R-Lipoic Acid is a highly absorbable form of oral EDTA. The absorption of conventional oral EDTA (tablets or capsules) is less than 5%.1 CaNa2EDTA, traditionally used for intravenous (IV) injection, is distributed mainly in the extracellular fluids, which limits its capacity to act inside the cell. Without the ability to transport across physiological barriers into compartments where biological processes take place and compounds such as EDTA interact with metals, therapies are ineffective. Nano-sized liposomal delivery systems are highly absorbed orally, with the very small liposomes allowing for intracellular delivery of their encapsulated contents. For some compounds this can lead to higher intracellular delivery than is possible even with an IV.2 Delivered with EDTA, the antioxidant R-Lipoic acid (as sodium R-Lipoate) supports endogenous production of glutathione, an integral component of detoxification, as well as metal mobilization and recovery.3
Quicksilver's Delivery Systems™ Phospholipid Encapsulation System brings the power of intravenous therapy into a convenient oral delivery. * Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improves upon liposomal technology with smaller, more stable, single-layer spheres made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, nanospheres like the ones produced by Quicksilver Scientific have demonstrated the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly and enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients.4 Also, the phospholipids that compose the liposome shell feed the cell membranes;5 this helps ensure the proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.*
- Tightly controlled small sizing, verified by Laser Dynamic Light Scattering on each batch (particle mean size 50-100nm)
- Pleasant taste, suitable for intra-buccal delivery for best systemic availability
- May be dispersed in water or other liquid when desired
- Flora SJ, Pachauri V.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2010;7(7):2745-88.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Pande M, Flora SJ. Toxicology. 2002 Aug 15;177(2-3):187-96.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015
General Suggested Usage: Take 1 tsp of product daily. Hold in mouth for 30 seconds before swallowing. May be mixed in water or juice. Best taken on empty stomach at least 10 minutes before meals. Alternately, may be taken as a 5 tsp dose (1050mg EDTA and 165mg R-Lipoate) 1-2X per week. Store at room temperature. Be sure to use adequate mineral supplementation, especially zinc, when using this product.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.