DIM (Diindolylmethane) 3,3'-Diindolylmethane or DIM is a compound derived from indole-3-carbinol which is found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage and kale. Dietary consumption of cruciferous vegetables has been observed to have positive impacts on various health parameters, detoxification, and disease conditions.1,2,3 DIM may be one of the compounds that contributes to these benefits,* as it has been shown to support a healthy immune response,4 normal hormone metabolism,5 and natural detoxification pathways.6 DIM has been shown to be a strong inducer of the antioxidant response element (ARE), a regulator of the expression of many phase II drug metabolizing enzymes and phase III transporters.7
When taken in traditional formulations, DIM has poor absorption and relatively rapid clearance.8 Lipid-based formulations have been shown to improve bioavailability.9 Absorption of liposomal DIM, a lipid encased delivery capsule, begins immediately in the oral cavity, as the tiny, nano-sized liposomes bypass the harsh acids of the digestive system, and enter lymphatic circulation.* Studies show that liposomal delivery may prolong the time a therapeutic agent is in circulation,10 leading to reduced need for dosing.*
Quicksilver's Etheric Delivery™ Phospholipid Encapsulation System brings the power of intravenous therapy into a convenient oral delivery.* Our Etheric Delivery™ improves upon liposomal technology with smaller, more stable, single-layer spheres made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, lipid nanospheres like the ones produced by Quicksilver Scientific have demonstrated the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly and enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients.11,12 Also, the phospholipids that compose the liposome shell feed the cell membranes;13 this helps ensure the proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.*
Production Technology Features:
- Tightly controlled small sizing, verified by Laser Dynamic Light Scattering on each batch (DIM mean size: 15-20nm)
- Pleasant taste, suitable for intra-buccal delivery
- Precise pump delivery makes dosage directly from bottle convenient and easy
- Intraoral delivery for best systemic availability
- May be dispersed in water or other liquid when desired
General Suggested Usage:Take 2-10 pumps by mouth, holding for 30 seconds before swallowing. Repeat as needed. Best taken on an empty stomach at least 10 minutes before meals. May also be stirred into small amount of water. Use within 60 days of opening. Store at room temperature.
- Juknat A, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;165(8):2512-28.
- Pertwee R, et al. Pharmacol Rev. 2010;62(4):588-631.
- Felder CC, Glass M. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 1998;38:179-200.
- Welty TE, et al. Epilepsy Curr. 2014;14(5):250-2.
- McCoy KL. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:5831315.
- Davis MP. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(7):915-22.
- Hampson AJ, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2000;899:274-82.
- Resstel LB, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2009 Jan;156(1):181-8.
- Izzo AA, et al. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2009;30(10):515-27.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015-35.Meshnick SR.
- Int J Parasitol. 2002 Dec;32:1655-60.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.