GABA with L-Theanine
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is produced by neurons in the brain, and functions as the principle inhibitory neurotransmitter.1 GABA is associated with the parasympathetic side of the autonomic nervous system, which balances the sympathetic (fight-or-flight) response. Many pharmacological agents exert anxiolytic, analgesic, anticonvulsant and sedative effects by modulating GABA receptor activity or increasing GABA availability.2,3 L-theanine is an amino acid found at high amounts in green tea. L-theanine may support relaxation and mood by increasing alpha-wave activity, brain serotonin, dopamine, and GABA levels, and by blocking the binding of L-glutamic acid to excitatory glutamate receptors in the central nervous system.4,5
Quicksilver's Delivery Systems™ GABA with L-Theanine brings you a highly absorbable form of GABA partnered with L-Theanine for optimal parasympathetic support. Conventional oral forms of GABA do not easily cross the blood-brain barrier.6 however the small liposomal delivery systems such as those utilized by Quicksilver Scientific have demonstrated this ability, producing a quick and powerful effect.
Quicksilver's Delivery Systems™ Phospholipid Encapsulation System brings the power of intravenous therapy into a convenient oral delivery. Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improves upon liposomal technology with smaller, more stable, single-layer spheres made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, nanospheres like the ones produced by Quicksilver Scientific have demonstrated the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly and enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients.7,8 Also, the phospholipids that compose the liposome shell feed the cell membranes;9 this helps ensure the proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.Production Technology Features:
- Tightly controlled small sizing, verified by Laser Dynamic Light Scattering on each batch (particle mean size 50-100nm)
- Pleasant taste, suitable for intra-buccal delivery for best systemic availability
- May be dispersed in water or other liquid when desired
- Easy to dispense with precise pump delivery
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
General Suggested Usage: Take 1-4 or more 2-4 times per day. Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing. May also be stirred into water. Best taken on an empty stomach at least 10 minutes before meals. Use within 60 days of opening. Store at room temperature.
- Enna, S. J. GABA. San Diego: Academic Press/ Elsevier;2006.
- Schwartz TL, Nihalani N. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2006 Oct;7(14):1977-87.
- Bhagwagar Z, et al. Am J Psychiatry. 2004 Feb;161(2):368-70.
- Nobre AC, et al. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl1:167-8.
- Nathan PJ, et al. J Herb Pharmacother. 2006;6(2):21-30.
- Boonstra E, et al. Front Psychol. 2015 Oct 6;6:1520.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015-3