The Cornerstone of Health—Phase II Detox Upregulator
Liposomal Vitamin C with R-Lipoic Acid
1.7 fl. oz. (50mL), Precision Pump-Top
Liposomal Vitamin C with R-Lipoic Acid: Beyond its well-known role of supporting normal immune system function, vitamin C supports the growth and repair of collagen in all parts of the body, cholesterol metabolism, is a cofactor in numerous enzymatic reactions, and is necessary for the synthesis of hormones and neurotransmitters.1 As an antioxidant, vitamin C scavenges and neutralizes free radicals, and supports levels of vitamin E and glutathione.*2,3 Delivered with vitamin C, the antioxidant R-lipoic acid (as sodium R-lipoate) supports endogenous production of glutathione, an integral component of detoxification, via the Nrf2-antioxidant response element (ARE) pathway.*4 Lipoic acid also supports mitochondrial function and is able to pass through the blood-brain barrier, and as such may be neuroprotective.*5,6
Quicksilver Scientific's Liposomal Vitamin C with R-Lipoic Acid combines Quali®-C, a premium vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbate, with R-lipoic acid for optimal glutathione support.* Buffered forms of vitamin C such as this are generally better tolerated than regular ascorbic acid supplements by those with gastrointestinal sensitivity, enabling higher dosing without gastrointestinal side effects.* The absorption of conventional oral vitamin C diminishes rapidly as the dose increases due to gastrointestinal saturation.7 The liposomal format optimizes delivery of both these important antioxidants.*
Quicksilver's Delivery Systems™ brings the power of intravenous therapy into convenient oral delivery.*Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improve upon liposomal and emulsification technology with smaller, more stable particles made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, these very small liposomal and nanoemulsified particles enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients and intracellular delivery.8,9 The phospholipids, inherent in the liposomal and nanoemulsified formats, nourish cell membranes, promoting proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.*10
- 1. National Institutes of Health, Vitamin C, https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-HealthProfessional/, accessed Jan.25, 2017.
- Bendich A, et al. Adv Free Radic Biol Med. 1986;2:419-44.
- Meister A. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9397-400.
- Suh JH, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101(10):3381-6.
- Liu J. Neurochem Res. 2008 Jan;33(1):194-203.
- Packer L, et al. Free Radic Biol Med. 1997;22(1-2):359-78
- Melethil S, et al. Int J Pharm. 1986 Jul;31:83-9.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015-35.
Suggested Usage: Adult:Take 2 pumps by mouth twice daily. Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing. Repeat to desired dosage or as directed by healthcare professional. Take on empty stomach, at least 10 minutes before meals. May be stirred into small amount of water. Topical use: Apply a thin layer to clean skin (avoiding eyes) and leave on for at least 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate upon receipt. Use within 30 days of opening. If pregnant, consult physician before use.
Quali® is a trademark of DSM.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.